To join our development team and grow company’s large scale development pipeline, we are seeking a talented Authorisation and Legal Manager to grow the company’s development pipeline, assist in signing site control agreements with lake/quarry owners and drive the authorization and financial closing process.
This position is based in Verona, Italy (VR) and requires regular mobility within all Italy.
Italy has been identified as the next market for Laketricity to expand its business into.
The role will be :
- to draft and close of site control agreements and support the senior project developer and co development partners in the development process;
- to follow the authorization process for large scale solar power plants from A to Z.
The role involves :
- Assistance in prospection and closing land agreements;
- Liaison with local and regional authorities for starting of permitting process;
- Preparation of meetings with all the stakeholder involved in a floating PV development;
- Collaboration with local engineering office that prepare Environmental Impact Studies and screening;
- Application for and following the grid connection procedures;
- Driving the development process for secured projects towards ready to build status;
- Internal pipeline management and reporting to management;
- Assisting the Country Manager with the management of co-development agreements and partners;
- Document management and review of legal documents (site control contracts, co-development agreements,..);
- Ad-hoc assistance to European Head-Office for legal best practices.
Laketricity is perfectly positioned to take advantage of this exciting new opportunities in this market, and this new role will present the successful candidate with a unique chance to support and grow that business.
What we offer
- Working for the pioneer of floating solar photovoltaics
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the group’s activities
- A proximity to the management team
- A dynamic work environment that encourages the expression of everyone’s potential and talent
- Autonomy and the ability to initiate change
- Daily interaction with multicultural teams
You will bring us your skills and inspiration; we will offer you a friendly and stimulating work environment!
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position is required.
- The successful candidate will have a successful track record in project development and legal review offering great interpersonal skills and document management and must be familiar with the development process for large scale solar (floating) power plants in Italy or in Europe as well as all permitting regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Environmental Science or Law).
- Understanding of Project Financing and solar profitability modeling;
- Experience throughout the PV project development and process from greenfield all the way through to construction will be highly impacting;
- Experience with environmental impact assessments and screening processes will be appreciated;
- Used to work with complex bilingual contracts and can provide first legal advisory
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken Italian and English languages are required. Fluent French preferred.
- Ability to work in a team, and strongly goal-oriented
- Proactivity, efficiency and solving capacity
- Interest for Environmental Solutions