To support the growth of our markets, we are seeking a Business Development Manager to lead the project development effort nationally and speed up the effort in California.
- Manage a development team to be well positioned for long term success.
- Set the strategy for each project and chart course with the development team for effective and efficient project execution.
- Interact and build long-term relationships with landowners, permitting authorities, engineers, consultants, investors and team members.
- Develop projects and step in to support project managers in handling any challenging lease, permitting or construction related issues.
- Prospect, identify, and communicate with high level decision makers to create new business opportunities.
- Arrange meetings with prospective clients.
- Prepare and present proposals and quotes using the knowledge of a customer’s objectives, energy usage, utility rate schedule, incentives, and financing options.
- Collaborate with the technical team throughout the project development phase.
- Close business deals by developing and negotiating all contracts including option to lease/purchase, lease, and power purchase agreements.
- Understand state solar incentive program guidelines and other incentive programs.
- Forecast activity monthly and annually; report and manage pipeline in our CRM.
- Leverage a deep understanding of underlying project economics to drive the overall P&L of the development business.
- Keep abreast of industry news and potential project opportunities.
- Attend important industry seminars, conferences, trade-shows where appropriate.
- Other duties for which you are qualified.
What we offer
There are many exciting reasons to join the Laketricity team.
- We provide competitive salaries, quality medical and dental care, and a generous PTO plan.
- We are deeply engaged in the development of the fast-evolving and international floating PV market, which implies experience and a high-level of expertise, and we have the ambition to remain leaders and go further to realize its potential.
- Working at Laketricity means something for each of our co-workers.
- As an innovative and eco-friendly company, we share strong human qualities and values in connection with the energy transition.
- We give every employee the opportunity to express his/her potential by providing autonomy and encouraging initiative among dynamic multicultural teams.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of real estate development or solar project development experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of real estate development or solar project development experience preferred
- Experience working with and manipulating GIS databases a plus
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and MS Word o Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and understand legal documents and real estate contracts
- Resourcefulness, a meticulous eye to detail, and investigative skills are essential
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with ability to read and analyze large amounts of project data
- Self-motivated, possesses eagerness to learn and take initiative
- Passion for green energy and responsible development
Please send your resume and a short message stating your goals and motivations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.