We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team in California, USA, and support the growth of our markets and lead the project development effort nationally and speed up the effort in California.
- Manage a development team to be well positioned for long term success.
- Set the strategy for each project and chart course with the development team for effective and efficient project execution.
- Interact and build long-term relationships with landowners, permitting authorities, engineers, consultants, investors and team members.
- Develop projects and step in to support project managers in handling any challenging lease, permitting or construction related issues.
- Prospect, identify, and communicate with high level decision makers to create new business opportunities.
- Arrange meetings with prospective clients.
- Prepare and present proposals and quotes using the knowledge of a customer’s objectives, energy usage, utility rate schedule, incentives, and financing options.
- Collaborate with the technical team throughout the project development phase.
- Close business deals by developing and negotiating all contracts including option to lease/purchase, lease, and power purchase agreements.
- Understand state solar incentive program guidelines and other incentive programs.
- Forecast activity monthly and annually; report and manage pipeline in our CRM.
- Leverage a deep understanding of underlying project economics to drive the overall P&L of the development business.
- Keep abreast of industry news and potential project opportunities.
- Attend important industry seminars, conferences, trade-shows where appropriate.
- Other duties for which you are qualified.
What we offer
There are many exciting reasons to join the Laketricity team. We provide competitive salaries, quality medical and dental care, and a generous PTO plan. We are deeply engaged in the development of the fast-evolving and international floating PV market, which implies experience and a high-level of expertise, and we have the ambition to remain leaders and go further to realize its potential. Working at Laketricity means something for each of our co-workers. As an innovative and eco-friendly company, we share strong human qualities and values in connection with the energy transition. We give every employee the opportunity to express his/her potential by providing autonomy and encouraging initiative among dynamic multicultural teams.
Minimum of 3 years of real estate development or solar project development experience preferred.
- Experience working with and manipulating GIS databases a plus
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to read and understand legal documents and real estate contracts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Resourcefulness, a meticulous eye to detail, and investigative skills are essential
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with ability to read and analyze large amounts of project data
- Self-motivated, possesses eagerness to learn and take initiative
- Passion for green energy and responsible development
Your application will be automatically addressed to the HR manager in charge of the recruiting process.
Please complete your application with your resume and a short message in English stating your goals and motivations (instead of a cover letter).